So you texted a girl and no response?
If your original message sucked- try again in 2 days time with a ping message or put in an ‘anti-flake’ phone call. This message should remind you of her, be low investment, funny, cute and not needy. Frame it as you saying, ‘hey, I’m taking another shot, but i don’t care either way’. Don’t give in to flaky girls, but always take a second shot. The worst it can be is a missed shot – And that better than a missed opportunity.
Here are 25 examples and why they work:
1. Did that really just happen? Ok you’re officially crazy; and so we should be friends. ADAM x
Use a qualification for why she gets to be your friend.
2. Hey ITALIAN MARIA- is this where I say CIAO? Ok I’m rubbish. Let’s kick start a FOREIGN LANGUAGE course via text. You teach me some ITALIAN & you get to learn the best ENGLISH slang, ALEX
Use a knowledge exchange to get the banter started.
3. You + crazy DANCE MOVES + too much TEQUILA = a really bad headache today. You better be in pain too over there… RALPH x
Bring back fun memories of the night before.
4. Happy MONDAY… meeting you on SATURDAY night was cool. Are you bored at your desk now or having way more fun than me? PETE x
Engage them when they’re bored to up your chances of a response.
5. . Hey LAURA, you seem like a pretty interesting girl; despite the fact you love OASIS! We should catch up sometime. FREDDIE x
Tease her about her hobbies & interests to prompt a response.
6. I went to bed at 5am last night… I remember meeting a crazy girl at about midnight. Please explain (no rude words) what happened in between…CHRIS x
Ask for no rude words and she might be tempted to disobey.
7. I like how you text me late last night. Sorry – got bored and went home; feel free to carry on pestering me to meet though 😉 JOHN x
Tease her if she text you first.
8. Hey HAIRDRESSER ALICE, are you busy dealing with a demanding customer or gossiping with co-workers? PHIL x
Use what you know about her to assume what she’s up to when she receives the text.
9. Have you googled me yet 😉
Take a risk and assume everything she does is a sign she’s massively attracted to you.
10. *Attach picture of breakfast/ cool activity etc* My weekend keeps improving! Last night was almost as fun though… 😉 Adrian x
Use multimedia messages to get a more engaged response.
11. Did you ever make your meeting? It was fun making myself late for work by meeting you HARJ x
Sometimes it’s ok to be romantic, as long as you don’t come across as needy.
12. And here was me thinking you were going to break the stereotype and text me first 😉 or are you not as much of a rebel as I thought? Phil x
Make her justify herself to get a response.
13. Random meeting you like that… or have you always ignored your parents’ warnings about talking to strangers? 😉 AIDEN x
Things are more tempting to do if they’re forbidden.
14. And here was I thinking I was having a boring Sunday…
Risky. Only use if you think she fell for you or if you met in an unusual way.
15. Hey NEW YORK LISA, so how has your first month in London been? Hope you haven’t had to ‘cut a bitch’ (or whatever you get up to in BROOKLYN) yet 😉 RICH x
Use where they’re from, or another stereotype, to tease them.
16. Still can’t believe you’ve never heard of THE CURE. We’re never going to be Facebook friends at this rate… Mike x
Challenge her on her tastes& let her know she has to qualify to be your friend.
17. So from now on, every time I catch the TRANSPORT am I going to meet an interesting girl, in a BLUE COAT & talk about VIDEO GAMES? Carl x
Use a low risk reminder of where you met her to show you listened to her.
18. Hey MARSHA, you seemed like a pretty interesting girl to meet in CLOTHES SHOP. Next time we speak should be over COFFEE, not CLOTHES RAILS, though. PETER x
If you met a girl whilst she was working sometimes it works taking a risk & being direct.
19. Hi RACHEL, always good meeting someone who’s into XXXX- you can’t have everything in common with me though. Bet you don’t like XXX, XXXX, or XXXXX Chris x
Give her a detailed list of likes/ dislikes and she’ll have plenty to respond to.
20. Hey CHRISTINA, so I guess this is blind texting? Feel like throwing caution to the wind and going for blind phone call instead? Ed x
If you didn’t meet in person, try to up their investment by getting them on the phone.
21. Hey MELISSA, I like how we’ve upgraded from emails to texts: do you always like to move fast? 😉
Do a role reversal and make out that she’s the one pursuing you.
22. Hey NINA, now we’re officially off work’s internet system, why don’t we say something naughty…? Like how I’ve always suspected that there’s something going on between JO in ACCOUNTS and MIKE…
Share a secret to create an ‘in joke’
23. Hey very CHILLED SARAH, so are you totally used to guys coming up to you in the street? You seemed like a pro to me, IAN 😉
Discuss their personality: everyone likes talking about themselves.
24. Hey LINDA, I don’t usually text girls first but you looked like you had a lot to say … So what else don’t I know about you? FRANK x
Set an expectation that she has a lot to say for herself to get a good response.
25. Hey! Here’s my number, keep it safe, don’t show it to your friends, or text it 100 times a day, and I think we could become good friends 😛 WILLIAM x
Use what her fears about you could be in order to tease her in reverse.
Looking to take your text game to the next level?
Check out our honest review of How2TXTHer by Race De Priest now
In it you can find the exact text messages, and the system he developed, over nine years of sending thousands of texts to hundreds of girls. No matter what you’re struggling with right now, he’s probably got the answer to it.